Less than 100g of wool, washed and carded (light grey).
Most of the yarn was plied with both strands being grey, but I had a bit of grey left over on one bobbin, so I plied it with some white. I used this to make a horizontal stripe towards the top of my hat. When it ran out, I returned to grey.
- CO: 80 sts for small (88 sts for medium to largish hat). Join and knit in the round.
- Knit 2x2 rib for 8 rows.
- Stst for 8 rounds.
- Dec. 4 sts every 2nd round 4 (8) times. You can place 4 stitch markers evenly around the hat and K2tog just before each one.
- Dec. 4 sts every round until 46 (48) sts remain. (see above)
- Dec. 8 sts per round until only 4 sts remain. Place 4 more stitch markers halfway between each of the other stitch makers. Knit until two sts before each marker, k2tog, repeat.
- Break yarn, thread through remaining stitches. Tie and hide ends.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, &c. Leave a message. The patterns here are still 'in the works' so to speak, and I am open to any suggestions.